Monday 12 August 2013

USAIN BOLT AGAIN

Usain Bolt lit up the Luzhniki Stadium by blazing to 100 metres gold at the World Championships in Moscow.
The world record holder defied the pouring rain to storm to victory on a drenched track in a revised time of 9.77 seconds, his best time of the year.

He held off the challenge of American Justin Gatlin, who clocked 9.85secs, with Bolt's fellow Jamaican Nesta Carter getting bronze in 9.95s.


Great Britain's big hope James Dasaolu was eighth in 10.21.

Bolt said on the BBC Sport website: "I am happy but I wanted to do better.


"My legs were sore after the semi-finals, I don't know why, but the world record wasn't on so I came out just to win.

"Back in Jamaica, they do not expect less than that from me. They always expect me to dominate."


Bolt had sauntered through his semi-final in 9.92 earlier tonight and his final time was impressive given the terrible conditions.

Gatlin admitted he was too good.


He told Radio Five Live: "I'm getting closer, I'm very happy with my race.

"The last 30m I got long. In Rome I was able to step down all my steps and do my race which I didn't do tonight.

"He (Bolt) has been working on his start - in Rome he had the best reaction out of everybody and he is 6ft 5in. I had to make sure I was beating him to 50m.

"We saw the lightning and thunder in the warm up and we said that normally they would postpone this, but it is Moscow and Russia and they wanted this."

No comments: